PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

11.11.2010

work jeans

Today I looked in my closet and decided I need new jeans. Now before you tell me there are starving children in Africa who have no jeans at all, just hear me out. Well first of all, I love those starving children and do my best support them and have a hopeful trip in the near future that involves feeding and helping them. But that’s not the point.
The point is, I need work jeans. I work at a high school so dressing up is not something I am super interested in doing as I like to connect with the kids and can actually use my age as a favorable way to get them to relate to me. Trust me, that combined with a bowl of candy and a comfy Poang chair make my office a haven for the teenaged.

Octavia Fidelity                             Denim                                                                        Mackenzie Raven

So while casual is in, I still need to look professional, and at least a few years older than them. Enter
trouser jeans, dark denim and clean fits. I’m thinking something that can be worn with heels or boots and a cardigan.


My old fall back was a park of dark Paige Laurel Canyon jeans. They were the best. Unfortunately I never
hemmed them (read about my fear of hemming here) and the bottoms started to fray. The color also faded and they become a weekend jean. Last week I put them on and left the house for a Costco run only to look down and find a hold forming on the inside thigh (THE number one spot for jeans holes I believe). Distressed I took them off when I got home and promise not to wear them again until I do
some patching. Unfortunately the Laurel Canyon jeans don’t seem to fit the same anymore (Dear Paige, what happened?) so I need something new.

Photos from Designs By Stephene

0 comments:

Post a Comment